1. Verifying your App Id
- Browse to “<<Your site Url>>/ _layouts/15/appinv.aspx
- Type in the AppId you specified in your configuration tool and perform a look up. Confirm the details are correct. If no information is returned then this means the app id is invalid. Fix the AppId in the configuration tool and reconfigure, otherwise proceed to the next stepVerifying your Issuer Id.
- Execute the command on the SharePoint Management Shell
- Note down the value for the RegisteredIssuerName
- Here is how it looks like: RegisteredIssuerName : 11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111@6b98f2ce-acc3-4238-a027-d88f7e139207.
- Your IssuerId will be the Guid before “@”. If this Id doesn’t match the one you entered in the Configuration tool, fix this and reconfigure, otherwise proceed to the next step.Verifying your certificate
2. Verifying your certificate
- Check the permissions to the certificate location (on the SharePoint Server as well as on the HPRM Server)
- Ensure that the password you specified is correct
- Check in the ULS log for any authentication errors. If you don’t find any useful information, go to Central Administration à Monitoring àConfigure diagnostic logging. Expand the SharePoint Foundation category and select the following items: App Auth, Application Authentication, Authentication Authorization and Claims Authentication. Set the logging and trace level to Verbose for these and save your changes and resave the default site collection url. Look for any errors in the ULS again. If you find a certificate expiration error follow these steps to reregister the token issuer
- Execute the command on a SharePoint Management Shell and note down the Id of the trusted security token issuer
- Remove the token issuer by executing this command Remove-SPTrustedSecurityTokenIssuer -Id <<Your Id here>>
- Remove the trusted root authority by executing Remove-SPTrustedRootAuthority -Id HPRecordsManagerTrust
- Follow the installation guide for setting up High Trust, provide details about your new certificate when prompted.
- Reregister a new App Id
- Use this new App Id in the App Configuration settings and regenerate the app
- Remove the existing app from all the site collections and from your app catalog.
- Upload this new app to the app catalog and add it to your default site collection.
- Close and reopen the Configuration tool
- Specify the default site collection url and save